|Welcome to Gardewine General Freight. General Freight is a diversified, multi-disciplined transportation company is responsible for the handling and transportation of freight for clients throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec. Through Perishables we ensure that all perishable commodities, including food stuffs, receive the care and attention that is necessary to maintain product integrity and meet all of the food safety requirements during the transportation process. While our focus is on servicing regional LTL markets, General Freight offers unparalleled transportation service for any volume of freight, from small parcel sized shipments all the way to full truckloads.|
Benefits:General Freight successfully fulfills the shipping and handling requirements for a wide variety of products on behalf of the manufacturing, construction, retail and wholesale industries from household goods and apparel, to perishable food stuffs, to industrial products.
• Gardewine has an integrated network of over 40 terminals in their General Freight system throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec.
• Flexibility, cost efficiency and high quality direct service between provinces and between individual centers enabled through our hub and spoke system.
• General Freight is capable of providing effective transportation solutions for any volume of freight, from parcel sized packages all the way to full truck loads.
• Regular and dependable transportation LTL service for perishable products to over 500 communities in our market territory.
• A modern 10,000 sq. ft. temperature controlled terminal facility in Winnipeg, to support cross-dock, sorting and re-assembly of shipments.
• A modern fleet of reefer trailers, in a variety of configurations and sizes, capable of satisfying any transportation requirement.
• A wide variety of conveyance devices and transportation aids designed specifically to assist in maintaining temperatures for sensitive products requiring special services.
• HACCP compliant contract or dedicated fleet services for mixed loads, refrigerated or frozen products, and produce.
Strategic Benefits:General Freight successfully fulfills the shipping and handling requirements for a wide variety of products on behalf of the manufacturing, construction, retail and wholesale industries from household goods and apparel to industrial products.
We have an integrated network of over 40 terminals in our LTL system throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern and Northwestern Ontario. The “Hub & Spoke” operations system that this network supports enables more flexibility, better cost-efficiency, a higher degree of direct service and frequency between provinces and between individual centers than any other competitive carrier.
We own and operate a variety of equipment to support this integrated terminal network and provides a strong local presence within many communities, a major strength that sets us apart from the competition.
The most important aspect of operation is the 1350 dedicated employees, trained and committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations. In the final analysis, it is the quality of the people and the strong relationships that we build which make the difference.
General Freight provides Gardewine's wide array of customers with the experience and the equipment to successfully meet the challenges and complexities of delivering an assortment of freight in an efficient and timely manner.
PerishableGardewine’s Service offers an unparalleled frequency of service to communities in Manitoba, Northwest Ontario, and parts of Saskatchewan. While working closely with customers to provide customized solutions has enabled Gardewine to move fresh and frozen shipments of all sizes ranging from parcels to full truck loads, it has also been the cornerstone to building long-term relationships with every major food and food product supplier in the region. Strategic temperature controlled facilities in both Winnipeg and Thunder Bay has helped create the reliability and flexibility Gardewine’s Refrigerated Services has been known for over the past 30 years while providing service where HAACP standards are regularly met or exceeded. Gardewine understands the importance of consistent, reliable, and quality temperature controlled service for every community and is proud to provide this essential service in the region.
Strategic Benefits for Perishable:Refrigerated docks in Winnipeg and Thunder Bay allow for cross-docking, sorting, and consolidation of shipments
• A network of strategically positioned terminals throughout the region enables more service and distribution options
• Our diverse fleet of refrigerated equipment is capable of satisfying any transportation requirement
• All staff is trained in transporting food products and takes pride in our handling practices
• Our ability to work with Gardewine's dry section allows us to maximize efficiency and control costs
Maintaining the "Cold Chain" is our specialty. Call Gardewine for all your perishable transportation service requirements and treat your customers and your products to the very best care that is available. Call us today and maximize your supply chain opportunities.